Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Manager (Safety Specialist)
Location: Montréal or Toronto or Winnipeg or Calgary or Vancouver
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations of the account, you will be responsible for guiding units on our EHS&S journey including the development and continuous improvement of systems and processes, while at the same time fostering our culture which will lead to breakthrough results in EHS&S reporting metrics. You will be responsible for planning, implementing, and directing the Environment, Health, Safety, Sustainability and Security Programs for a nationwide account. You will be responsible for providing business support and strategic direction regarding EHS&S for the account in line with Sodexo Canada and group policy and guidelines.
You will achieve this goal by further developing the safety awareness culture and accountabilities and partnering with account operations and Sodexo Canada colleagues to ensure alignment and best practice strategy. As the face of Safety and Environment to our client, your essential leadership, knowledge, and strategic skills will demonstrate and promote Sodexo culture, values and management philosophy.
You will be responsible to:
• Manage the account’s Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability systems in accordance to client expectations and with alignment to Sodexo Canada’s overall management systems
• Work with Sodexo Canada and provincial safety resources to ensure that environmental, health and safety management programs are maintained to client standards as well as relevant federal and provincial laws and standards. Implementation of these programs will control workplace hazards and achieve account targets related to the fields of environment, health, safety and sustainability.
• Measure and report on the effectiveness of safety strategies and programs in a fact based and objective manner.
• Lead and develop the account EHS&S team, and provide strategic direction to unit operators
• Research safety programs, devices, equipment, or products that help protect employees and customers and mitigate losses, and implement pilot tests.
• Advise the Director of Operations and the Account Leadership Team of safety progress toward zero harm of people and assist in the development of business policies, procedures and practices.
• Coordinate and promote proactive performance reviews between the customers/clients and Sodexo.
Growth and Development
• University degree in a related field
• 5 - 7 years’ experience in Safety Leadership in Transportation and/or Manufacturing Industries
• Bilingual in English and French is an asset (Required in Montreal)
• Serving Clients and Customers
• Drive and Dependability
• Building a Diverse Team
• Strategic Leadership
• Talent Development
• Managing Quality Operations
• Providing Quality Services
• Leveraging Operational Excellence Tools to Drive Continuous Improvement
• Desire to ask “What’s Next” and Continually grow
*A wide array of interesting jobs *Nationwide locations *Tremendous growth possibilities *Continuous learning opportunities *Incentive Plans *Rewards & Recognition *Employee Benefits *Flexible Time *Discounts *Committed to People Development *Promoting Individual and Collective Achievements *Diversity and Inclusion *Corporate Citizenship *Hunger Fighting Initiatives *Environmentally Conscious………… To find out more, come visit us at: www.sodexo.ca
We are committed to equity in employment. We use the masculine in order to lighten the text.
*Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.*